Thursday, February 19, 2009

Response from Brother Amitabh!


The water of life beckons me.
I reach my destination. My footprints follow behind. Soon to be engulfed in the flow. The waters wash away the desire and pain. I rest in the belief of fulfillment, giving myself to the elements. The foot prints of life now washed away, never to be seen again.
What is my life ?
That which surrounds me now or that which got washed away…
---
आदरणीय भाईसाहब,
सादर चरण स्पर्श,
आपके भावों को पद्यबद्ध करने का दुस्साहस किया है, जो अच्छा लगे तो अपना लो जो बुरा लगे तो जाने दो - (अर्थात किसी भी सूरत में आप गुस्सा न हों - अभय)

मैं अपने गंतव्य पर पहुंचा
पदचिन्हों ने मुझको खोजा
धारा में फिर बह जाने को
सुख-दुख भी थे धुल जाने को
मैं निश्चिंत भाव में खोया
तत्वों में फिर जा मैं सोया
पदचिन्ह भी है अब मिटते जाते

कहाँ कहीं अब दिखने पाते
क्या है कैसा मेरा जीवन ?
आसपास जो घटित हो रहा
या जो घटनाक्रम मे खो रहा ।

- अमिताभ बच्चन, 14 फ़रवरी 2009 कन्याकुमारी 1.30 प्रातः
(अनुवाद ः अभय शर्मा, 14 फ़रवरी 2009 मुम्बई, 8.41 प्रातः)
Rate this:
3.9 (4 people)

ab (Click to see Activities)
4 days ago
Brilliant.. you have given more meaning than what I have written.. Thank you
Rate this:
3.9 (5 people)

3 comments:

Reeham said...

Hello my dearest...
Great that you had read AB's precious reply... thank you soooooooooooo much for your kindness and your sweet wishes and words to me... i'm really blessed to have a great friend like you... one day definately i'll be visiting your beautiful country... and meet you and your dear family... and my lovely prince Amrit... it was great talking to him and his beautiful mother.. although i missed talking to you the 2 times i called you dear... but i'll try once again to call.. as soon as i get recovered from the severe cold...
thank you for everything... love

Abhaya said...

Dearmost Reeham,
I am unfortunate to have talked to you on two of your call, once I was driving, the other time, I was not aware of the call, maybe Savita picked and answered! It is all right! Do not bother to call me here, you can go to skype.com, download the software, install it and register as a user. My id is abhaya.sharma
hat would inded be more logical to share our thoughts, joys and whatever is possible.

Love, Regards and Respect
Abhaya Sharma

Manasi Shankar said...

It was a great pleasure indeed to read the poems of my Chachu as well as the reply given by Mr. Bachchan (though who so ever wrote that Poem is a great writer).. please keep on writing....:) love Manasi