Tuesday, February 10, 2009

1-2-3-4 of first T20 game in Sri Lanka!

Respected Brother,
Sadar Pranam,
Yes, I did note the commendable changes on the blog to my surprise quite early in the day around 3,30 PM or so. I have had the patience to read your beautiful thoughts about these developments and your praise for LBC and the young talent that is on display in abundance in the industry. Before I start my story of the one off T20 game with Srilanka, I must congratulate you among other Indians on our champion statsu in this latest and most entertaining format of the game. My story follows!

I was locked in my office as the watchman did not realise that I was still in my office at 6.50 that he had put the lock, worst, I was not knowing the secuirty extension, moreover he had locked his cabin which is quite far and a shout would have not reached him in any case. To my surprise, I was not alone there was this one colleague who was closing his room on first floor. I was quite relived, he did some trick and the door with its lock in palce could open. I was eahger to get home for the first ever T20 game to be played in Srilanka.
1 team alone could have won the game
2 brothers were in the middle
3 wickets were remaining and
4 more balls were yet to be bowled
And India won the game from the cluthches of an almost sure defeat! Pathan brothers did their best to make every Indian smile at their cricketing abilities. My heart goes out with Irfan pathan though most likely the elder brother Yususf might just walk off with the man of the match. ( I was right in my judgement!).

T20 is the format India does so well, I fail to understand why don't they play more of that format of cricket at International level (IPL is not counted under T20I)! Wake up India!

If India made a mistake by not playing Praveen Kumar, Srilanka would definitely ask why Jayasuriya did not get to bowl his fourth over!

All is well that ends well, Dhoni despite his earlier mistake of resting Praveen and Pragyan in the final one dayer had erred again in choosing Ishant/Khan over Kumar (inexplicable!). It si OK, Dhoni might just say does it really matter as long as we are winning! It does! I am sorry if I am arrogant to the most successful captain that India has produced!

Abhaya Sharma, India February 10 2009 11:02 PM IST

No comments: