Friday, January 16, 2009

डॉ. बच्चन - एक जन कवि

Respected Brother,
Sadar Charan Sparsh,

I had just finished writing on previous day! Somehow I recollect the phrase Dr. Bachchan often said on every return from abroad or any travels - जान बची तो लाखों पाए घर के बुद्धू घर को आए!

Now I know niether was your life at stake nor you are a buddhu by any standards and it is only symbolic of presenting oneself with the thought that east or west home is te best. Welcome to Prateeksha, Mumbai, India and now this hope of you finding some time to say a few words on illustrious Dr. Harivansh rai Bachchan on his sixth death anniversary seems a distinct possibility. Yet do not tie yourself with any such thing if it is not possible for some reasons।

मन का हो तो अच्छा है न हो तो और भी अच्छा है!

जीवन की आपाधापी में कब वक़्त मिला
कुछ देर कहीं पर बैठ कभी यह सोच सकूं
जो किया, कहा, माना उसमें क्या बुरा भला।

अनवरत समय की चक्की चलती जाती है,
मैं जहाँ खड़ा था कल उस थल पर आज नहीं,
कल इसी जगह पर पाना मुझको मुश्किल है, ]
ले मापदंड जिसको परिवर्तित कर देतीं
केवल छूकर ही देश-काल की सीमाएं
जग दे मुझपर फैसला उसे जैसा भाये
लेकिन मैं तो बेरोक सफ़र में जीवन के
इस एक और पहलू से होकर निकल चला।
जीवन की आपाधापी में कब वक़्त मिला
कुछ देर कहीं पर बैठ कभी यह सोच सकूं
जो किया, कहा, माना उसमें क्या बुरा भला।

I hope these words describe life for all of us leave alone for the poet. That is what, poetic efforts are seldom a mere reflection of a poet, they actually reflect the very ordinary and the most celebrated in the same light. Not that my apeksha had similar values yet I copy paste it here more for the reasons that these lines were attributed to reflect my belief in r. Bachchan and relate to my tribute on that fateful day - I had sent this and rach do ab nai madhushal by fax for you.
The poems are pasted here -

अपने इस जीवन-यापन में
कहीं ऎसा कुछ कर जाना है
जग याद रखे इस दुनिया में
एक ऎसा भी है इंसान हुआ
जिसे मोह जाल ना बांध सका
कर्मॊं और विचारॊं का
वह एक अनूठा संगम था
जग से मांगा ना कुछ भी कभी
देने को सब कुछ आतुर था

भाषा रंग और धर्म जाति के
बंधन कब के था काट चुका
मानव से मान को जोड़ रहा
नही शांति दूत था वह कॊई
और ना ही कोई मसीहा था
कहता था इतना ही जग से
ना पानी ने हमें जब बांटा है
ना भूख हमें है बांट सकी
ना किया हवा ने बंटवारा
फिर क्यों कर हम विद्रोह करें
हम अभय बने बस प्रेम करें
अमृत सी हमारी हॊ वाणी
कर्णों को प्रिय हम मधुर बनें
- अभय शर्मा

And the other poem I had submtted a few days back but got lost in moderation- I am reprodcuing it here again -

मधुशाला के पन्नों पर ही
लिखी मैंने मधुशाला
मधुशाला था नाम दिया
पर कर्म था उसका ग्रंथाला
कवि बच्चन के पुत्र सुपुर्द है
इस मधुशाला की अभिलाषा
वैसे तो मैं दान नही मांगा करता
फिर भी इस प्रयास में अपने
गर नाम तुम्हारा जुड जाये
आशा है मुझको विश्व वेदी पर
अमिट तुम्हारी होगी आभा
शान बढे़गी मान बढे़गा
दिन दूना सम्मान मिलेगा
आओ अमित आगे बढ़ आओ
रच दो अब नई मधुशाला
जिसके पथ पर चलने वाला
पढ़-पढ़ कर होगा मतवाला
धूम मचा कर रख देगी
जिस जगह बनेगी मधुशाला!

- अभय शर्मा


Now I know that you have a busy schedule of life this request is also now only a symbolic reflection of my expectations। I have no reasons to put forward such requests that you may find diffciult to fulfill. I want to assert here that your ability or inability is not going to be a measure of your love and regards for the exceptionally talented poet.

I would however look forward to the documentary you promised on this blog or would some day wish to be surprised by seeing you as Hamlet on Televison, movie or even stage! I have recently been bitten by my smoking habit and my resolve which I had attributed or rather to Alok da has come to nought only after four days! I have died one death on not been able to fulfill what I couild not do! so do not bind yourself to any such feelings or thought which might put you into regret like situation। I do not know if I am qualified to contribute these views here. Almost a non-entity like me trying to put across words for someone as tall and as reverred by the world as only you could be appears to be too far fetched! Excuse me, if I have been crossing my limits - I am not able to hide my feelings or even the self and failed to be understood in the world - actually the hindi verson would have een more emphatic as it comes from the man I admire the most -

मैं छुपाना जनता तो जग मुझे साधू समझता
शत्रु मेरा बन गया है छल रहित व्यवहार मेरा!

With these words I try to express myself on the death anniversary of Dr. Harivansh Rai Bachchan. May his soul rest in peace and give strength to you and family members as you miss him for the sixth year.
वैसे तो डॉ. बच्चन जैसे लोग मर कर भी अमर हो जाते है पर फिर भी भौतिक रूप में उनकी अनुपस्थिति कष्टदायी ही है! मै तो उनके जीत जी उनसे एक बार भी नही मिला आपने तो उनके साथ साथ जीवन के 60 साल बिताये है!

I think I shall be able to present my views on him exclusively in Hindi tomorrow!


Abhaya Sharma, India, January 17 2009 12:37 Hours IST

No comments: