Wednesday, February 11, 2009

In response to Amitabh Bachchan - Day 293


Respected Brother,
Sadar Charan Sparsh,
I am indeed moved by your thoughts about Dr. Bachchan, the senior most to assume the name Bachchan, it is a different matter that the name Bachchan became official with you entering school as Amitabh Bachchan, how blissful to initiate a new surname! No, I do not envy you I admire the fact that you were born as a son of the great poet Dr. Harivanshrai Bachchan, I am half his son, no not the step son, the real half-son! I rate and treat you as my brother even if you do not accept this philosophy of my assumption or presumption, I do not stand to be a loser, it is me who likes to treat you as my elder brother irrespective of your assertiveness about it! I live to be known as your younger brother in my heart and my mind! I bet you or anyone else can not denude me of the fact that I hold you in such high esteem! In fact it should be a matter of your greatness that I am willing to confront the whole world to deny me this right (you included! smiling!). come on brother, don't say you don't like an additional younger brother to Bunty! I know you are nodding in affirmative, thanks for anyone way you feel about this issue!


छोटे-से जीवन में कितना प्यार करुँ, पी लूँ हाला,
आने के ही साथ जगत में कहलाया 'जानेवाला',
स्वागत के ही साथ विदा की होती देखी तैयारी,
बंद लगी होने खुलते ही मेरी जीवन-मधुशाला।।६६।


In this short and finite life, how much can I love, how much can I drink (love agian!), the moment I arrived in this world I was declared to be departing one day, With welcome I also noticed the farewell being annointed as if the tavern on the way (the life!) was about to close the moment it opened!


Dr. Bachchan tells us that this life is destructible a non-infinite process, someone who comes or takes a birth has to go, has to die one day, why not live it fully well, with every moment enjoyed as if the last drops of wine, parallel found in our existence which anyway is to become extinct one day!


I love the couplet as it is so very close to life, so very true to its meaning, who knows how long one has to live! why not love as we live rather than confound ourselves with grudges and shortcomings! Thank you Dr. Bachchan, if brother finds you in his thoughts so do I, atleast in this respect I am equal to him, I am equal to him in being born as one among the mankind, I am also equal to him that one day I too shall pass away from this world like him. Only difference between an Abhaya and Amitabh is that the latter is known to the world and the former tries to know the world!


We are all sailing in the same boat we have the same fate as far as life and death are concerned, neither you bought anything nor would be able to take away anything from this world when the final moments arrive, so very true for me and for every living soul on this earth! Why to consider ourselves inferior for the fact that we live different lives and enjoy different level of success during our life times!
Brother, excuse me for my words if they are not true or not likely to be true, kahan raja bhoj (You - the Amitabh Bachchan of this world) kahan gangu teli ( the ordinary Abhaya Sharma). Today I would have given myself a rating of 3.5 though like many others the rating of comments really disheartens me, more for the fact that I am yet to find a less than 3.2 rating for me, that is not possible, main kabhi kabhi to bahut hi bakwas likhata hoon, especially when I take the onus of trying to improve others - Kabir sahab ka ek doha yaad aa rahah hai -


Bura jo dekhan main chala
bura na miliya koi
jo dil khoja aapana
mujh se bura na koi

I think if I write beyond this I will lose marks must call it quits for the day!
Yours as ever
The younger brother
Abhaya Sharma, India February 11 2009 11:47 PM IST

No comments: