Thursday, February 5, 2009

Congratulations MSD and Team India!

Respected Brother,
Sadar Charan Sparsh,

Let me use this wonderful platform to send my congratulatory note to the Indian Cricket team. I think they are playing some wonderful cricket out there in the middle. My heartiest congratulations alos go to Hesh-Sania duo and Yuki for their commendable wins in Aus open. Here goes my praise for the team India -

Congratulations MSD and Team India!
It would be unfair if I do not express my joy right away with team India registering yet another convincing win over Sri Lanka। To make India lead 4-0 in the series is a great feeling. I must not mince any words in telling the Indian capatain and team India that they are doing wonderfully well. Keep it up, keep the tricolor flying high at its best.

The early departure of the centurion Virender Sehwag for a mere 5 and a similar fate for the other centurion down the line a 5 for Yuvraj Singh could not deny India a mammoth total। Through Gautam Gambhir (150) and Mahendra Singh Dhoni (94) India saw to it that Sri Lanka would not have it easy to win a game even if it was inconsequential to the outcome of the rubber which had already been sealed in favour of India with a 3-0 lead on February 3. Today’s win proves a ppoint or two in favour of the present Indian team and more importantly in favour of MS Dhoni. He did listen to my words or so it seems, he was far more wise than me in making about only two changes by resting the sachin and Zaheer.

It indeed is a matter of great pleasure to me and I am sure lot of other Indians who love the game of cricket that finally India is playing to its true potential। Now we can not settle for anything less than a clean sweep and we keenly look forward to a fifth and final victory in this 5 game ODI series. No, I am not for records and rankings, I want it for lifting the spirits of this huge country which has been so passionate with its cricket and cricketers. Yet Dhoni did not let Sehwag bowl his quota of 10 overs (smiling as well as joking!).

It was a highly commendable performance by the leader and the led alike। Gautam has shown once again that he loves to open the batting in any and every format of the game. Mahendra SinghDhoni really deserves to be the number 1 batsman in ODIs has been proved as well! Sehwag is a clever bowler has become clearly evident. Cricket is a team game is also amply visible. CONGRATULATIONS TO DHONI AND ALL HIS CRONIES!

May I now expect that Balaji and Jadeja too get their share of glory by being made part of the playing eleven in the last and final game of this wonderful ODI series। I would not mind if Sehwag is rested (smiling again!). Let us look at the options for this to be made possible –

Sehwag, Gambhir, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Raina, Rohit, Jadeja, Irfan, Kumar, Ojha and Balaji.
Let us hope we get to see this as the final eleven that dons Indian colors in the last venture and that India still picks yet another victory to make a clean sweep of the Sri Lankans।

More later
Abhaya Sharma, India, February 5 2009, 11:12 PM IST

No comments: